Go nuts with a wide variety of “healthier for you” products
Our customers have made it loud and clear that they want a selection of healthy products in their vending machines.
Regional Vending is striving to be Mississauga’s premium supplier of healthy snacks and beverages. When we commit to a vending program for your company we will make sure it has a wide variety of “healthier for you” products including trail mixes, baked chips, proteins, nuts, juices, bottled water and more.
As popular as the big brand name products are like Snickers, Doritos and Lays chips there is an increasing demand for products that suit a more active healthier lifestyle. We understand those needs and will continually strive for a wide selection of those healthier types of products.
Here are some healthy snacking tips to share with your co-workers, students, family and friends:
- Focus on fibre and protein. Choose cereal bars, granola bars or energy bars with some protein (check the Nutrition Facts) and some fibre to help keep you full longer.
- Pretzels or baked chips are a great low-fat, low-calorie way to satisfy the mid-day munchies.
- It’s unrealistic to give up sweet treats if you really enjoy them. Like anything else, eat them “wisely” and in moderation.
- Craving cookies? Animal crackers, fig bars, ginger snaps, pop tarts or graham crackers are great tasting lower fat choices. Pair these with low-fat milk, a protein-rich food, and you’ve satisfied that craving.
- Go nuts. Choose a package of peanuts, almonds or other favourite nuts. They come packed with protein and fibre.
- Don’t confuse thirst with hunger. Keep a water bottle handy.
- Top off your fuel tank several times a day with snacks. You’ll feel energized and satisfied throughout the day.
- Variety, balance and moderation are important when eating snacks.